West Chester Gun Club is excited to announce our summer league is starting after Memorial Day. The Sumer League is a 16 yard 50 target league that runs from May 27th to August 26th. The shoots are at West Chester Gun Club every Tuesday night and awards cash prizes to the shooters in the league.
- Each shooter will take aim at 50 targets each tuesday night from 16 yards.
- The shooter’s top 10 scores (out of 14) will be used to award prizes.
- 4 lowest scores dropped allow for rain outs and vacations.
- Management holds the right to offer a make up session on a designated Sunday(s) if weather on tuesday nights prevent shooters from entering scores.
- Rain dates will be announced as needed.
- Shooters will pay normal target rates ($10 for 50 targets) plus a weekly stipend to the prize chest ($5).
Prizes / Trophies:
- All prize money collected is to be awarded to the shooters.
- Total money collected divided into 2 pots 50% split.
- Top 3 Scores are awarded Cash prizes of 50%, 30% & 20% of the pot split.
- The remaining 50% of prize money is awarded Lewis Class style to shooters who are position 4 and below.
- Lewis Class is 10 shooters per class, max 5 classes, 60/40 split per class, ties divide.
More information and registration at http://westchestergunclub.com/summer-league. Register today online or at the desk.
A former Owen J. Roberts student, SFC Nevins was KIA in Afghanistan 21 Sept 13. He was a member of the 19th Special Forces Gp (Green Berets)
West Chester Gun Club is proud to support and host the SFC Liam Nevin Memorial Trap Shoot on April 26th.
This memorial trap shoot is to benefit the Special Operations Warrior Foundation (http://www.specialops.org) in memory of SFC Liam Nevins.
This all day event takes place on saturday with squads using all 4 trap fields.
Saturday April 26, 2014 @ 10 AM
- $50 per shooter
- Advance ticket sales only
- 50 Round shoot, 16 yards
- Lewis Class Available
- Shooting ticket provides entry raffle with door prizes drawn throughout the day. Need not be present to win
- Beverages and food donated by local restaurants
Make checks payable to Special Operations Warrior Foundation
Tickets Now Available. Purchase on-line with credit card or soon at the club house.
All donations to SOWF are tax deductible to the extent allowed by federal law
Please watch http://westchestergunclub.com/nevins for program updates, ticket purchases, and presquadding.
The 2014 Spring Robin was held on April 6th. Sunny weather with the high temperature at 58 with light winds at 4 mph.
The day’s shoot was 3 events of 100 singles each.
Thank you for all that participated in this years election. We had 14 great candidates for the Board of directors.
I’ve sent out a email to all 2014 members and past 2013 members with the clubs progress over the past year. If you did not get the email, please verify your email at the club house desk. Also if you do not get our monthly newsletters, sign up on the homepage.
Jason Stein – President
Joe Prestia – Vice President
Rick Reinhardt – Treasure
Pete Alois – Secretary