Our Annual Turkey Shoot is Here
It’s that time of year again where we shoot to win our Thanksgiving dinner. This year we are purchasing over 70 fresh turkeys to be won over 2 weekends.
The first shoot will take place on Saturday November 10th @ 10:00 am.
The second shoot and turkey pick up day is Sunday November 18th @ 10:00 am.
The turkeys for this event are fresh birds raised here in Chester County. They are all natural and will weigh in the 17-19 lbs area. These are not your store bought birds as they cost us over $40 per bird.
Meat Shoot Process
- Each shoot day there will be up to 8 events to participate in.
- Each event has 15 shooters shooting on 3 traps from the 16 yard line.
- The shooters shoot a normal round of trap and all scores are recorded.
- The scores are then listed High to Low and divided into 4 groups, Lewis Class style. (top 3 scores, next 4 scores, following 4 scores, and final 4 scores)
- If your score is at the top of the division line, you win a turkey. If there is a tie, a tie breaking method is used to determine the winner. (see below for tie breaking)
- Winners are given a receipt ticket to claim their fresh turkey on Sunday November 18th.
- Each event cost $18 to participate and a shooter may compete as many times they can squad for.
- Events short shooters will still run but with fewer prizes. (5 shooters = 1 bird, 8 shooters = 2 birds, 12 shooters = 3 birds, 15 shooters = 4 birds.)
Lewis Class Example
Full lewis class rules and example is available on our web site at https://www.westchestergunclub.com/about-trapshooting/prizes-options/money-options/lewis-class/
Scores are listed and divided into classes of 3|4|4|4 scores. Scores at the top of the class are winners or tied for winning.
|22||(Potential Winner – Score moves down as similar scores are below the division line)|
|21||(More similar scores are above division line, score moves up)|
|19||Potential Winner – more similar scores are below the division line, this score moves down to top of class )|
In case of ties, each shooter will reach into a bucket to pull a numbered chip. The shooter who pulls the highest number will be awarded the bird.
Remember. You don’t need to be good, just lucky, but being good doesn’t hurt.
See example sheet below: