Our Annual Turkey Shoot is Here
It’s that time of year again where we shoot to win our Thanksgiving dinner. This year we are purchasing over 70 fresh turkeys to be won over 2 weekends.
The first shoot will take place on Saturday November 10th @ 10:00 am.
The second shoot and turkey pick up day is Sunday November 18th @ 10:00 am.
The turkeys for this event are fresh birds raised here in Chester County. They are all natural and will weigh in the 17-19 lbs area. These are not your store bought birds as they cost us over $40 per bird.
Meat Shoot Process
- Each shoot day there will be up to 8 events to participate in.
- Each event has 15 shooters shooting on 3 traps from the 16 yard line.
- The shooters shoot a normal round of trap and all scores are recorded.
- The scores are then listed High to Low and divided into 4 groups, Lewis Class style. (top 3 scores, next 4 scores, following 4 scores, and final 4 scores)
- If your score is at the top of the division line, you win a turkey. If there is a tie, a tie breaking method is used to determine the winner. (see below for tie breaking)
- Winners are given a receipt ticket to claim their fresh turkey on Sunday November 19th.
- Each event cost $18 to participate and a shooter may compete as many times they can squad for.
- Events short shooters will still run but with fewer prizes. (5 shooters = 1 bird, 8 shooters = 2 birds, 12 shooters = 3 birds, 15 shooters = 4 birds.)
Lewis Class Example
Full lewis class rules and example is available on our web site at https://www.westchestergunclub.com/about-trapshooting/prizes-options/money-options/lewis-class/
Scores are listed and divided into classes of 3|4|4|4 scores. Scores at the top of the class are winners or tied for winning.
||(Potential Winner – Score moves down as similar scores are below the division line)
||(More similar scores are above division line, score moves up)
||Potential Winner – more similar scores are below the division line, this score moves down to top of class )
In case of ties, each shooter will reach into a bucket to pull a numbered chip. The shooter who pulls the highest number will be awarded the bird.
Remember. You don’t need to be good, just lucky, but being good doesn’t hurt.
See example sheet below:
When: October 21, 2018
Time: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Events: $26.00 each – 100 Singles, 100 Handicap
ATA Registered Targets Available – ATA Fee $5.00, Lewis Class – $5.00
Prizes: Silver Bullion Coins and Bars
Catered Lunch Included for all Shooters
Singles Registration Closes at 11:30 AM
200 E. Boot Rd West Chester PA 19380
Thank you to all that braved the storms, waited out the lightning, and then dealt with the heat.
Full results are at the Shoot Results Section
- Club Champion – Jim Cadwell
- Club Runner Up – M. Winigrad
- Open Champion – Charles Galloway
- Sr. Vet – Harlan Gustafason
- Vet – (Bob Kappe & Charlie Adames Shared Trophy)
- Lady Club – Celeste Moore
- Lady Open – Kristen Ray
- Junior – Kurt Willman
- Lewis A – (Bob Kappe & Charlie Adames Shared Trophy)
- Lewis B – Harvey Poole
- Lewis C – Jason Stein
- Lewis D – Elkins Wetherill
- Club Champion – Rick Scholz
- Club Runner Up – Celeste Moore
- Open Champion – James Cadwell
- Sr. Vet – Harlan Gustafason
- Vet – Charlie Suter
- Lady Club – Kristen Ray
- Lady Open – NA
- Junior – Iver Gustafson
- 18 – 21 Yrds – Charles Galloway
- 22 – 24 Yrds – Peter McGowan
- 25 – 27 Yrds – M. Winigrad
A new feature to your West Chester Gun Club membership is use of our archery range.
Access to the range is granted by attending a range briefing on Wednesday night during the open archery time.
Upon completing the range briefing you will be issued an archery membership card and the combination to the lock to open the targets.
Full archery details can be found at https://www.westchestergunclub.com/archery/
Archery Range Hours:
Monday Open All Day (Sunrise to Sunset)
Wednesday 4 PM to Sunset
Friday Open All Day (Sunrise to Sunset)
Saturday Noon to Sunset
If you didn’t make it out to the Birthday shoot, we still have some challenge coins available.
Pick one up at the front desk for $5.
Thank you to the shooters who came out on one of the finest weather days we had this spring to shoot our doubles marathon.
We had 29 shooters and threw 8,400 targets.
Scores are now listed at 2018 Doubles Marathon Shoot Results
It’s membership renewal time once again. Please update your membership online or at the club house.
All memberships need to be renewed by April 3 for voting rights and to maintain your club membership in good standing.
On April 3 your 2017 membership card will no longer be valid and you will need to have a 2018 to retain membership in the club.
Click here to renew your membership online
Thank you for your continued support.
Join Chris Vendel at West Chester Gun Club as he teaches you the art and skill of Doubles.
Chris’ clinic includes:
- Gun Fit
- Self Analysis
- Personalized Instruction
- Shooting Doubles Only
A minimum of 5 Students required with a maximum of 10 for small class size and personalized instruction.
Chris Vendel’s accomplishments include:
- 6 Time NY State 16 Yard Champion
- 10 Time ATA All American Team since 1995
- NY State Only 500×500
- ATA Grand American Doubles Champion (1995, 2010)
- ATA Grand American High All Around Champion (2004)
- ATA Grand American High Over All Champion (2005)
- 10 Time NY State High 16 Yard Average
- Graduate of Colorado School of Trades for Gunsmithing (1984)
Clinic Date: April 7, 2018
Start-End Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Cost: $200 plus targets
For more details and reservation, contact Nick Fantanarosa @ 610-842-6435
April 3 marks the next board of director’s election. We are looking for members who wish to assist in providing their time and skill by sitting on the board.
The job of the board is to promote the sport of trapshooting and protect the wonderful resource we have here in the club. This is accomplished in many ways and looks for a commitment in attending the board meetings on the first Tuesday of the month. The board represents the forward face of the club in how we hold ourselves to the shooting community and neighbors; while discussing matters of operations, promotion, safety, and club health.
If you have an interest in working in continuing the growth and direction of the club, please consider putting your name in for a place on the board.
Please submit your name or the name of someone that may be interested in our elections on April 3. Submit by responding to this email, or speaking with Jason when at the club.
To run for the board, you must be a member in good standing, have been a member for 1 year.